This article answers some of the common questions individuals and small business owners might have about different computer repair services. It discusses the problems that can cause computers to work inefficiently, the cost of repairing these problems, and the importance of regular computer maintenance.
As most people know, there’s almost nothing in life as frustrating as a broken computer. Read this article to find out how to get your computer running smoothly again.
What Problems Can Be Easily Repaired?
Some common computer problems that can be easily repaired by a qualified technician include:
- Slow Computer Speed: This problem is usually caused by lack of regular maintenance or a spyware infection.
- Frequent Computer Freezes: The technician will have to perform diagnostic test to determine the cause of this problem, though it can be caused by a virus or spyware infection.
- Continuous Reboots: Hardware issues, faulty power supply, or a defective cooling fan can cause this problem.
- Unusual Noises or Vibrations: A hardware or electronics issue is usually to blame for this problem.
- Automatically Changing Brower Homepage: This problem is referred to as “high-jacking,” and is usually caused by a spyware infection.
If you perform regular maintenance on your computer, you will be able to avoid all of these problems.Can I Repair My Own Computer?
In most instances, computer repair should not be considered a do-it-yourself project.
Professional help is recommended because the technicians have the experience necessary to solve almost all computer problems, including:
- Accumulation of Clutter
- Malware Infection
- Hardware Defects
By trying to repair the computer yourself, you could accidentally cause more damage to the machine. In some instances, you could lose access to your hard drive data and all of your irreplaceable files.How Much Does A Computer Repair Cost?
Computer repair costs can vary from business to business. Some of the factors that determine how much a particular repair will cost include:
- Price Structure
- Walk-in or On-site Repair
- Faulty Hardware
- Skill Level
Computer repair businesses in the city usually charge more than businesses in the suburbs, and if the technician has to drive to your home, you will pay more for the repair.Specialized repairs will cost more than general maintenance and repairs. Always check to see if the business you’re dealing with charges by the hour or by the job.
How Do I Practice Regular Computer Maintenance?
After you have owned your computer for two years, regular maintenance becomes necessary. The computer will lose some of its original speed and performance.
If you are an individual or small business owner who heavily relies on your computer, steps you can take to help maintain your computer’s performance include:
- Perform regular, automated back-ups of your files.
- Maintain an archive of essential files.
- Regularly test your recovery files.
- Install automated firewall and virus.
- Set-up an alternate internet connection.
- Establish alternate e-mail addresses.
- Keep good records of all installed applications.
Performing regular maintenance will prolong the life of your computer. You will gain a better understanding of how your computer works, and will be able to recognize many problems before they get out of hand.Why Repair if You Can Replace?
With today’s inexpensive computer prices, you might ask yourself, “Why should I repair my old computer when I can simply buy a new one?”
Well, before you chuck your old computer into the garbage, you should know that today’s computers are often priced low to make up for:
- Poor build
- Flimsy parts
- Shabby hardware
Simply stated, computers built five years ago are much sturdier and durable than the computers in the market today.So, why pay more money to buy a new computer that is likely to break within the next two years when you can spend a fraction of the cost to have your old, reliable computer repaired?
If you are looking for a Computer Repair Service in the Maryland areas of Anne Arundel County, Howard County, and Baltimore County and cities including Annapolis, Bowie, Crofton, Gambrills, Columbia, Ellicott City, Laurel, Elkridge, Jessup, Glen Burnie, and Severna Park than visit DSR Computer Repair and Technology Specialists.
Since 1986, DSR has strived to provide the Maryland technology community with a unique option when it comes to purchasing and servicing computer equipment and network options.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Arsham_Mirshah/326013